Amazon Web Services¶
- Click on Launch instance for your AWS region to start Graylog into.
- Choose an instance type with at least 4GB memory
- Finish the wizard and spin up the VM.
- Login to the instance as user ubuntu
- Run sudo graylog-ctl reconfigure
- Open port 80 and ports for receiving log messages in the security group of the appliance
Open http://<vm ip> in your browser to access the Graylog web interface. Default username and password is admin.
We are shipping the
graylog-ctl tool with the virtual machine appliances to get you started
with a customised setup as quickly as possible. Run these (optional) commands to configure the
most basic settings of Graylog in the appliance:
sudo graylog-ctl set-email-config <smtp server> [--port=<smtp port> --user=<username> --password=<password>] sudo graylog-ctl set-admin-password <password> sudo graylog-ctl set-timezone <zone acronym> sudo graylog-ctl reconfigure
graylog-ctl has much more functionality and is documented here.
We strongly recommend to learn more about it to ensure smooth operation of your virtual appliance.